Preventive dental care is important throughout your life, regardless of your age. By practicing good oral hygiene at home and scheduling regular checkups with your dentist, you can help keep your smile bright and healthy for many years to come. Here are a few simple ways you can prevent the build-up of plaque and cavities:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day with a soft-bristled toothbrush.
- Use fluoride toothpaste to remove food particles and plaque from the tooth and tongue surfaces.
- Clean between your teeth by flossing at least once a day. You can also use a mouthwash to help kill bacteria and freshen your breath.
- Eat a balanced diet, and try to avoid extra-sugary treats.
- Remember to schedule regular checkups with your dentist every six months for a professional teeth cleaning.
If it’s been six months since your last dental checkup, then it’s time to contact a dentist and schedule your next appointment!